November 6th, 2015
Canon announces TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
In due time Canon of the first offered owners of 35-millimetric chambers a lens with inclination and shift functions. Preceding the PMA 2009 exhibition, the company declared release of 2 novelties in this category. the 1st — a lens with focal length of 17 mm which became the most wide-angle in the world (in the designated category). the 2nd novelty represents the refreshed version of a similar lens with focal length of 24 mm.
Lenses received TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II designations.
Main features of TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II:
- Comparability to all Canon EOS chambers;
- Focal length — 17MM/24 mm;
- Inclination and shift — ±6,5 ° and ±12 mm (TS-E 17mm f/4L)/±8,5 ° and ±12 (TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II) mm;
- Possibility of turn of the mechanism of an inclination and shift on ±90 °;
- Possibility of turn of the mechanism of an inclination independently concerning the shift mechanism on ±90 °;
- Asferichesky elements and elements with the low dispersion, reducing chromatic aberrations;
- The covering reducing patches of light;
- Diaphragm with a round opening;
- In the f/4L TS-E 17mm model — the "floating" mechanism of internal focusing.
Realization of lenses of TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II and TS-E 17mm f/4L should begin in May at cost of $2199 and $2499 (term and the prices are specified for the market of the USA).
At once new polarizing PL-C B filters were presented. Now in a line of PL-C B there are models a diameter 52, 58, 67, 72, 77 and 82 mm.